Terms & Conditions
Bookings and Cancellations
1. Bookings are accepted as a holiday let from 4pm on the first day of your stay and you are required to vacate the cottage no later than 10am on the day of departure unless by prior arrangement.
2. Bookings can be made by paying 50% of the cost as a deposit with the balance being paid 5 weeks before the start of your stay. Bookings being made within 5 weeks of your stay should be paid in full.
3. Confirmation of your booking will be acknowledged on receipt of your deposit and completed booking form.
4. In the event that you need to cancel your booking, this should be done by letter or email as soon as possible. Cancellations accepted where the deposit only has been paid, will receive no refund. In the event that the full amount has been paid a refund of 25% will be given if the cancellation is received 7 days or more in advance of the arrival date. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the date of arrival will receive no refund.
5. It is recommended that guests obtain cancellation insurance.
6. A security deposit of £50 is required to cover accidental damage and extra cleaning should the cottage, in the owners’ opinion, be left in an unsatisfactory state of cleanliness. The security deposit should be included when paying the balance of your booking. An inventory of all equipment is provided and subject to fair wear and tear and the cottage being left tidy, the deposit will be refunded within 7 days.
7. The price includes all heating and lighting costs, pillows, duvets, bed linen and towels. For guests staying a full week towels will be changed midweek. The cottage is set up for 4 guests however a travel cot and or folding bed are available on request to accommodate an additional young party member.
8. No pets allowed except assistance dogs.
9. Smoking is not permitted within the cottage.
Owners and guest responsibilities
10. The owners wish you to have an enjoyable stay and will ensure that the cottage is clean, well presented and all equipment will be in good working order.
11. The owners are not responsible for the following:
- Guests personal property during their stay
- Guest vehicles parked within the grounds
- Personal illness, injury, accident or death to any guest whilst on the premises.
12. The owners reserve the right to refuse to hand over the cottage to any person, who in the owners reasonable opinion, is unsuitable or unfit to take charge.
13. The owners reserve the right to cancel or curtail any booking where the guest’s behaviour is deemed, in the owner’s reasonable opinion, to be anti social or dangerous. In the event of such a cancellation guests will not be entitled to any refund of booking fees.
14. The owners undertake to refund in full all booking fees paid should the cottage become unavailable through any unforeseen cause after a booking has been confirmed. The owner’s liability in this event will be restricted to the amount of the booking fees paid.
15. The owners would wish to deal with any complaints or concerns during the guests stay in the cottage. As the owners stay on site, guests are able to make any complaints or highlight any problems in person.
16. The owners would wish the guests stay to be problem free, however, they cannot accept responsibility for events out with their control where “force majeure” applies.